Home-based Online English Teacher
- Teach English online and provide English learning counseling
- Assist prospective students with our services
- May be asked to teach Japanese to non-Japanese learners
Flexible lesson styles based on student needs or requests.
- Use Engoo/DMM Eikaiwa lesson materials
- Freestyle conversation in English
- English lessons + academic counseling
- TOEIC/TOEFL lessons
- Suggest ways to study English effectively
A SAMPLE LESSON FLOW
Example: a beginner-level trial student
- Self-introduction - You can use either English or Japanese (or mixed).
- Lesson- Encourage a text-based lesson or enjoy free conversation!
- Counseling- Give feedback and recommend a level-appropriate lesson plan.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You have experience teaching English and want to improve your teaching skills
- You are a college student interested in teaching English
- You are a homemaker and want to utilize your English skills in your spare time
- You love English and want to earn extra income
- Work from the comfort of your own home!
- Teach anytime, work as much or little as you wish!
- Make your own schedule!
- Meet students from all walks of life!
- Inspire and empower students!
Requirements and Salary
Anyone who meets any of the following criteria is welcomed to apply
- 1+ years of teaching experience
- TOEIC score 750 or up
- someone who has studied English as a second language for a long time
If you have studied or lived abroad, that will be a plus as well!
You should also be comfortable using a laptop or desktop with High-Speed Internet Connection.
Please feel free to apply even if you do not have any experience or meet the above criteria.
Training will be provided by our team of experienced trainers (training will be conducted online).
What is covered during the training?
- How to use our materials and the teacher's website
- Demo lesson(s) and feedback
Our tutor support team is always there for you to reach out when you have any questions!
Hourly rate: Approximately 1,150 to 1,350 yen
Lesson fee is 5 US dollars for a 25-minute lesson.
Your pay may vary depending on the exchange rate.
e.g. USD1=120 yen
1 lesson (25 minutes) is 5 dollars = 600 yen (equivalent to 1,200 yen per hour)
As our lessons are available 24/7, you may work to earn money as often as you wish.
250,000 yen per month… A university student during vacation/holiday
80,000 yen per month… A homemaker while their kids are in school or asleep at night
Work from home/anywhere (a quiet teaching environment)
Anytime (Not decided as the contract is an outsourcing agreement)
N/A (Not decided as the contract is an outsourcing agreement)
About the Company
BIBO GLOBAL OPPORTUNITY, INC (BGO) is a global online English tutorial company where 90% of employees are non-Japanese. We use English as our common language, which gives you an excellent opportunity to utilize your English skills as well as brush up on your English skills if you work with us!
Our online English teachers live in over 70 countries worldwide. Most of our teachers are homemakers and working parents with children. It is a great work environment for those who wish to reintegrate into the society after their children have become more independent.
Anyone who is over 18 years old is welcome to apply, from a college student to a retired person.
There are no fixed hours or quota. You can choose your working hours and teach as much or little as you wish!
You do not need to prepare your own lesson plans. All you need to do is to provide a 25-minute lesson using our materials and a couple of simple tasks (e.g., lesson notes) after the lesson.
What our online teachers are saying…
Ms. A (living abroad)
I teach online lessons while raising our two children outside of Japan. I usually teach English three days a week, (Two weekdays + Saturday), when I don't have my main job or between house chores. I have a lot of bookings and gained more regular students!
Ms. B (living in the countryside)
There are not many jobs where I can use my English, so my main work is teaching English online. Even though I teach online every day on weekdays, I can spend the weekend with my family.
I had not taught English before, but now I really enjoy it!
Ms. C (with a small child)
I used work at a language school. Now I teach online when my child is at the nursery and after 9PM when they are asleep. I usually teach 3 lessons a day, this way I can continue working without difficulty. I feel my English has been improved.
Employee benefits will not apply based on outsourcing will be contract type.
Personal information including the personal ID pictured received will be used by Engoo/DMM.com for recruitment purposes only.
Results will be sent by email within 48 hours after applying regardless of whether you have qualified or not.
Please confirm your spam/junk mail folder if you do not receive the email to the given email address.
▼Data Privacy Notice